Handbag Organisation - My Handbag Emergency Kit

When I started getting back into organising about 18months ago one of the first things I attempted was to make myself fully prepared when I am out and about. Inspired by OrganisedlikeJen, I set about creating some kits to carry about with me that contain everything I might need when not at home. Jen calls hers a "Walking Pharmacy". I tend to refer to mine as emergency kits as they contains lots of different bits and pieces.

At the moment I have four emergency kits: one for my handbag; one for the car; one for my locker at work and a mini one for a smaller night out handbag. I do normally create an emergency kit when we go on holiday but I don't yet have a preprepared one.

Today I thought I would cover my handbag kit... posts to follow on my mini hand bag kit, locker kit and car kit, as well as all the other bits and pieces I keep in my locker and car. 

Handbag Emergency Kit

So this is the kit I carry with me everyday. I try and balance the need for lots of different things without carrying around a kit that is so big it takes up the majority of my handbag. My favourite reason for having an handbag emergency kit is that when I change handbag (which is a LOT) I just have to move my phone, purse and emergency kit, rather than lots of small items. It means I can change my handbag to match my outfit in a matter of seconds rather than minutes.



My handbag emergency kit is housed in a small makeup bag from a NO.7 kit one year. It measures 129mm wide, 86mm high and 41mm deep and has one slip pocket inside. It has a good steady zip and keeps a surprising amount inside.



Inside I keep:
  • Plasters
  • Antiseptic wipe
  • Freshen Up wipe
  • Stain remover wipe
  • Glasses lens cleaner wipe
  • Nail varnish remover wipe
  • Screen Wipe
  • Hand Sanitiser
  • Hand Moisturisor
  • Lip Balm
  • Mirror
  • Sewing Kit
  • Tissues
  • Nail File
  • Clear nail polish
  • Handbag hook
  • Two paracetamol
  • Two ibuprofen
  • An antihistamine
  • Two cold and flu tablets
  • A cold and flu drink sachet
  • 4head rub
  • £2 coin
  • £5 note
These things are the things I am most likely to need on an average day out. In the summer I might carry some suncream too.

I have found myself feeling much more organised since introducing an emergency kit to my handbag. It's such a great feeling to whip it out when someone needs a tissue or a button falls off your jacket.

Do you have an emergency kit? What do you keep in yours? I'd love some more ideas.

Speak soon x
 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.